What is brand identity? And how to design and develop a great one.
Identity is a matter of human life, it shows us our stand in society. Not only humans but also even commercially the people maintain their identity in the market to see where they stand themselves in the crowded and developed market. We have seen people with identity become brands for the future, as simple as role models for example Sachin Tendulkar is a brand of cricket because he has taken cricket to the next level with his unbelievable runs record.
Not only people the books or products a company makes the brand like mike, adidas companies they made a brand which reflect the company standards.
So identity reflects in the form of brand, and we can call it brand identity which shows the complete product overview to the customer. Brand identity is a valuable personality of the company or commeriality that you reflect to the customer about transparency in the business and the promise to deliver the best.
Is brand identity that important ?
Recently I was buying a new phone and while searching my friends suggested somany branded things among them also there occurred priority regarding their feature and market value. Then I realised this brand is the identity of the model which creates the transparency of the product to the customers. What makes brand identity important
1. Look at the product – it gives the overview of the product along with the company’s growth in the market. The intense value of the company’s purpose.
2. Impression – it acts as a template to build the trust in customers about the company with its design.
3. Consistent – authorize company in the market place and build the last longing relationship. This in turn is nothing but a trust building matter.
4. Company goal – it shows the purpose of the company and service of the company.
Process to take in for the development of brand identity
Brand identity is like the face of the company, a recognising object which makes the story behind the journey of the company well-known for the market. How this implementing story goes with the company branding
Finding difficult or confused with the what steps to take in for development let’s have some glance over things
1. Know the company better – From base to advance like from past to present working. This let’s you understand the company objectives.
-> Proposition – this asserts the judgemental or opinion of the customer so far and also provides the information about the plan of actions.
-> Competitors – to grow in the market competitors are very important knowing about competitors in the same field also important to enhance brand quality.
-> Goal – knowing about the company helps you to deal with the goals of the company.
-> Personalization – to enhance the features of the company, personnel need to be known. Personalization adds the points on the brand quality.
2. SWOT analysis – Its compilation of the company’s strength, weakness, opportunity and threats. SWOT analysis helps in exploring the actions and strategies of the company to take initiative of the better execution.
-> Strength – show the rewards and internal factors of the company and enhancement towards work towards competitors.
-> Weakness – these help in finding the fault in business and correct and work on it.
-> Opportunity – utilizing the external factors to build the company brand identity.
-> Threats – Elements in the environment or industry that may cause problems for your business.
3. Ask questions on brand – since child we always ask questions and we always find a better answer and deep thoughts it helps in exploring here also ask question to yourself find out more to understand like
-> Does the brand support the business strategy – strategy is creativity of work that emphasizes the core strategy and cultivates the brand identity.
-> Consistency in the brand identity – check the visual consistency, message in brand, behaviour consistency
-> Resonation of brand identity with the audience – over all personalization of product with customer expectation and customizing it impress the customer. Get the feedback from customers and latest experience to implement on the company.
4. Designing your brand identity – It’s a medium of communication to the customer with the look and feel of the company. So branding is a process of building the identity with key creativity.
-> Interesting Form – creating the brand is showing the identification and reflection of services through the visuals. This creates consistency and helps in creating the familiarity with customers.
The forms like circle,sphere, eclipse and their types may vary according to the information you want to add and design your planning to implement and these each form boost the design with certain priorities and consider them better.
-> Color and type – this adds the attraction to the customer towards the brand. Each color and color pallet has its own meaning and identification so choose wisely while implementing them in the design.
And when it comes to type there are words that convey the message to the customer using the font in contrast with color would be a great idea. Nowadays we almost see mismatched fonts which have set a unique trend in designing being so creative would add a plus point to design.
-> Template – these are mainly useful if your designing the emails or small business
cards boost the business potential with the quiet information. This also provides the commercial look and feel about the company.
Once the basic availability of the logo or brand identities are designed it’s time to unite them together to put in form to come up with the design that impacts the user to increase the business in the market. This brand identity should have certain qualities like
—> Brand guide
—> Connection & emotional
What are the key elements that enhance the brand quality
Brand identity can be expressed in any way through a list of words, a bunch of paragraphs, slides of images, and single images. Such among few are
1. Logo – logos are customized ways of recognising the company. It is a piece of artwork that represents the company or business, it is also called avatara. It is important in a brand’s identity. At its core, a logo must:
1. Embody your brand.
2- Be instantly recognizable.
3- Be versatile.
4- Be timeless.
logo must-haves, like simplicity and memorability, naturally follow.
2. Website – this gives the brief visuality over the brand and insight about the company details. 75% of people go through the website nowadays to know about the brand which builds their trust over the brand and also that helps to judge the brand solely.
Building a website with few images and written copy writing isn’t enough if you want to build a strong brand it should be impactful for the customer to real and have better look and feel. So following some good web designing techniques based on modern technology would help much.
3. Business cards – physical reminder that you met someone. That can become a trigger for reflection and often leads to more business or a renewed connection. A cheap and affordable way to ensure people have effective contact information.
4. Packaging graphics – this is helpful when the product has physical appearance helps as a tag for the brand on the product where it reaches out to various customers. The detailed description and information on the product helps is easy knowing of the product to the customer that in return gives brand identity in the market. The product packaging should speak, loud and clear, for the product in absence of the physical appearance of humans.
5. Email Designing – to many emails over inbox and cluttered out from seeking the particular email here is the best idea to have email designing that segregates the emails in the proper manner. This can be done by the help of the images or color pallets or using the difference this may be quite hectic. And also can go through some brand guide styles to know more about the different styles to implement them.
Creating the design is a playful thing just like a baby doing a drawing but with little creativity and acknowledgment about the brand would bring a better illustration of the brand identity. But while designing avoid mixing of messages, copying from other businesses and lastly never lose consistency over the content. These some of them would help to enhance the brand identity to improve the brand quality.