5 Best Logo Design Software Programs of 2022 – 23: A Detailed Comparison
A logo design is the best way to attract a potential consumer to your company and showcase your ideas. It can leave an immediate impact on a person. Sometimes a good logo increases the attention span of a user and vice versa. This is why hiring a professional logo design company is always a wise idea, especially for new businesses.
Even if you decide to do it yourself you must make it catchy, attractive, and simple so people can easily remember it. Only you know your business and brand the best so no one else cannot understand your brand vibe better than you. So, you need to make it count.
When you start building your logo you have several options for logo design apps and software programs. Whether you should go for Adobe Illustrator or should go for Canva? Which software can match your requirements and also be cost-effective? Do not worry, we are here to let you the best logo design software programs in 2022 with a detailed description of advantages, disadvantages, and pricing. So, let us dig into it.
Top Logo Design Software Programs of 2022 – 2023
It was introduced in 1987 and is part of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite. It is a full-featured graphic designing platform that includes many software programs like Photoshop, InDesign, Lightroom, etc. This logo creation tool can be a one-stop solution for creating social media creatives, advertisements, typefaces, mobile app icons, and artistic illustrations. Although Adobe still does not reveal the number of people who use Illustrator, it is a life savior for many logo design agencies. This is because it can design logos in any size.
- Fonts are licensed for commercial use
- For converting hand-drawn sketches into digital, it has vector tracing tools
- Wacom drawing tablets compatibility
- Drawing tools and Geometric shapes
- Pantone and CMYK color profiles
- Automatic integration with the help of other creative cloud programs like Adobe Photoshop
- Cross-Device sync is possible
- Adobe Stock integration
- Supports various logo files types like SVG, PDF, EPS, WMF, and VML
- Shared collaboration tools
- Shared asset libraries
- An iPad OS app with the support of Apple Pencil
- Monthly cost
- Limited support for raster files
- Learning curves are steep
- Zero logo templates
- Subscription model
There are two subscription models for the software-
- Individual- $20 per month
- Business- $33.99 per person and per month
With this monthly subscription model, it is not a good choice for those who need only one logo design. It is even more costly if you do not have a background for your logo design. So, hiring a creative logo designer will be a better and cost-effective choice. This software is best for advanced-level users not for beginners.
This software came into existence in 2003 and the best part about this software is that it is open. The exact number of users of this free graphic design platform is hidden because users can easily download this software use it, modify it, and share. Anyone who finds the subscription model of Adobe illustrator not affordable and difficult to use can use Inkscape easily. No matter whether you have experience in graphic designing, are a fresher, or are a student, you can easily operate this software.
This software has vector design and typography tools for complex logo designs and illustration projects.
Also, Read– Tips to Plan Creative Logo Designing Ideas in 2023
Inkscape is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux OSs, and other features of this software are the following-
- Editing tools and vector drawing
- The capability of tracking a raster image and turning it into a vector outline
- Supports font editing for any downloaded fonts, including right-to-left script
- RGB and CMYK color profiles
- Layered and grouped elements
- Vactor paths can be copied and pasted
- Free, open-source license
- A wide range of export file formats like high-quality SVG, PNG, EPS, and PDFs
- Active customer support forums
- Compatibility across OSs
- Wacom drawing tablets compatible
- You cannot can full compatibility with illustrator files
- Limited program tutorials
- Mobile version not available
- Logo templates are not available
- The learning curve is steep
The motive or tagline of Inkscape is “Draw Freely.” Even if this platform is free, it still has so many robust features that are more than enough for a non-tech person. This software program is best for Medium to advanced-level users.
It was launched in 1989. It is a vector design program compatible with both Windows and MAC operating systems. According to a report by Enlyft, a B2B analytics firm almost 25000 companies use CorelDRAW and these companies include all sizes of businesses from small to large-scale.
Each software package includes vector tools so you can turn your ideas and sketches into a meaningful and creative logo design.
Although the features of the software change according to the license or subscription you take. Still, the core functionalities of the software are-
- Photo-editing based on a raster image
- Typography tools
- Raster tracing in a single click
- The capability of document layout
- Vector illustration tools
- Layered and grouped elements
- CorelDRAW supports high-resolution JPG, PNG, HEIF, BMP, and GIF export files
- Windows surface pen and tablet compatibility
- Four types of pricing packages
- Supports Wacom drawing tablets
- Provides built-in hints to make the usability of drawing tools easier for a user
- No free version of the software is available
- Zero logo templates
- On entry-level software packages, collaboration is restricted
- Only if you have an annual subscription only then you can have a free upgrade to the software
- If you take the cheapest package then you cannot have a PDF export
- Mac OS Support limitations
There are four types of subscriptions available-
- Essentials: $129 (Only one-time payment available)
- Standard: $329 (Only one-time payment available)
- Graphics Suite: Annual subscription of $249
- Technical Suite: Annual subscription of $999
Each plan of the software adds more features with the increment in the price. You can avail of the asset libraries and get more export file format options. All types of users beginners, intermediates, and experience can use it according to their knowledge. Do you know there are some tips for effective and powerful logo design, that might help? Know here.
As a progressive web app on phones, tablets, Chromebooks, laptops, and desktops, Gravit Designer was introduced in 2011. It is another Corel product that also allows working offline with a pro-level subscription. The user count is in the thousands for this software.
This software can easily opens raster PNG and JPG files. But most of the tools included in this software are for vector shapes (logos) drawing and manipulation.
- Document templates are professionally designed
- Design, frame, shapes, and icon assets are free
- Mockups and wireframe designs are available for UI designing
- Print-on-demand templates are available for Amazon, Teepublic, Cafepress, and Redbubble shirts
- Google fonts
- To learn the program tooltips are available
- On the pro-tier of subscription, you will get version-history
- The free tier is available but with limited cloud space
- On a pro-level subscription, you can sync your google drive
- SVG and illustrator file import
- Compatible with touchscreen and Apple Pencil
- Switching between desktop and mobile is simple
- EPS export is not available
- Only those who have pro-plan access can export SVG files
- Limited color profiles are available
- Maximum export resolution support is 150 DPI on free plans
- Zero collaborative editing tools
- On a freemium subscription, you need internet connectivity
- Gravit Designer Free
- Gravit Designer Pro: $49.99
The features of Gravit Designer are not enough for professional designers, especially those who work with printed files/documents. This software is good if you have basic designing skills, so on a beginner level, you can practice your design skills and design your logo. This is why it is apt for beginners and immediate users.
If you are looking for something easy yet professional then Canva is just the right platform for you. It is an Australian graphic design tool, launched in 2013 and steadily became established and got immensely popular among designers, small businesses, and bloggers. The best part about the tool is it has several free templates for logos, social media posts, brochures, posters, and documents.
Canva is accessible on both Windows and Mac operating systems. Also, all Canve users are facilitated with the following features-
- Photo frames
- Stock images
- Over 250,000 templates
- Vector graphics
- Collaboration tools
- Animated assets
- 5 GB cloud storage
- Styled font pairings
- The color palette on a single click
- iOS and Android apps available
- Social media integration
- Drag and drop interface
- Commercial use licensing
- User friendly
- It allows the export of multiple files formats
- Not robust for all users especially for professionals
- EPS file export is limited
- Vector drawing tools are unavailable
- Documents rulers or guide to use the software are unavailable
- Lack of CMYK color profile support
- On the free plan, you cannot have a PNG transparency
- Canva: Free for a single person
- Canva Pro: $12.99 per month for a team of up to five members
- Canva Enterprise: Custom pricing based on size
Canva has its all core features free for users but if you are an enterprise then to avail more templates and social media graphics you must switch to the pro plan. It can also give you the benefit of social media scheduler. The software is suitable for beginners and intermediate users.
At last, we can say that different types of designing software programs are good according to your designing needs so you need to understand your requirements from the software then select. First, you need to do brand management for that. It is always suggested to switch to a professional and creative logo design company for a unique logo design, especially when you are new to the field.
VerveBranding can be your one-stop solution for branding and designing because we have market experience and a team of experts who, over the years, have worked on many major and minor projects for all types of industries. We provide designing and branding services at the most affordable price.
For services related to mobile app development or web development and online marketing services, check out our subsidiaries, VerveLogic and VerveOnlineMarketing.